Out of the garden plants that we talked about last post, the broccoli are showing signs of being firmly rooted and happy. Leaves are perked up and look thick. I am severely miffed by the pest bites showing in the foliage. The same thing getting into the ivy is eating slowly at the broccoli leaves. I think it's snails. What's a good home remedy for keeping snails off of stuff?
The brussell sprouts, however, are not doing so well. They are also getting munched on, and are a little wilt y almost. This might have to do with their position. They both have the same recommended light requirements, but sprouts may be more sensitive to lack of light. Or maybe it's the dampness. Or something about the soil... I wanted to have a multi culture, but maybe I cut my losses and just try to focus on broccoli for our first fall growing season.
Then of course there's the plans for the larger, beautiful, unexpected planting area that I got through the hard work of my best friend.
</post cut short 'cause I never finished it, LAWL>


No comments:
Post a Comment